Relief prints and a rusty press…

Blwyddyn newdydd dda…yn hwyr.

Happy new year.

I’m starting off with some prints. I’ve been wanting to work with relief printing more for the last 18 months however prioritizing my studio time hase caused deviations. I’ve posted a picture of my book binding press before I cleaned it up, I was hoping my prints would be created using this. However I find I’m getting better results burnishing with a large wooden spoon…the press looks good in the studio though.

Tito

Ivor

The above prints are made using Schminke inks on Japanese Vellum

…and here’s the press (pre-makeover..I’ll post the finished press later).

I’ll be posting more in the week.

Tito Puente at his best.