Wlodzimierz Umaniec is the man charged with the Rothko farce. He also a member of a group who spout forth of ‘Yellowism’. Here’s their blog. They say:
Yellowism is not an art movement. Yellowism is the new context in contemporary culture.
They are also an example of why I’m glad I didn’t waste time in art college on a ‘Fine Art’ degree course. Imagine the utter dreary drivel and vacuous narcissistic discussions whilst trying to have a pint, let alone go through a studio ‘crit’ with these guys.
Boys I suggest you do the following:
1) Get a girlfriend. Use your time more wisely. Life is short.
2) Develope your draftsman abilities.
3) Recontextualize your sense of self-importance.
4) Add Red and Blue to your Yellowist manifesto because you are missing the primary concern that your ideas are lacking.
5) Finally: Don’t touch Rothko. Or The Tate. Buy your own canvas. I suggest Whayleys of Bradford for cotton 12oz & Jacksons Art Supplies for everything else.
Not much will happen to him in court except having ten years to not pay off his fine but I hope they give him 150hrs community service shovelling shit out of Battersea dogs home. Here’s the site
Woof off in Yellow.